OK so this feels like a cheat, but my choices are unconventional posts or no posts at all since I am at the beach with no camera apart from my iPhone and no regular kitchen tools. So unconventional it is, at least for now.
Remember those awesome Bakeless Brownies I shared about a week ago? They are clearly the perfect beach treat since they are simple, fast and require no oven heat. I made the same ones I made last week, but this time I also made a second batch with some changes. I had to make do with what I could get here in the Outer Banks, but for those of us who love mint chocolate, this was clearly the preferred variation.
Just ask my niece Lily. She was too busy munching to smile for the camera!
- 1 cup (100 g) chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or use chocolate wafers, which I could not find)
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (20 g) Dutched cocoa powder
- ½ t coarse sea salt
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz (115 g) semisweet (60-62% cacao) chocolate, melted
- ½ - 1 t peppermint extract, to taste
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the salt and cocoa powder into the chocolate graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix the peppermint extract into the sweetened condensed milk. Mix that into the melted chocolate. Taste for more peppermint extract.
- Dump all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a medium-large bowl and mix. The mixture will be quite stiff, use a folding mechanism to completely and evenly incorporate all of the ingredients. Then repeat, mixing in the mini chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press the misture more evenly into the pan, including the corners.
- Leave the plastic wrap on the mixture. Chill for 1 hour. Slice and serve–store in fridge.