The Spiced Life is a cooking blog — not a commercial site. I respect privacy, and I am generally uninterested in collecting data. Before I outline our policy on the use of information, lets start with the two most important things a reader should know in order to protect themselves:
- The Spiced Life is a public website: Any information you explicitly provide (in comments or registration forms, for example) can be viewed and collected by any reader. We have no control over what the reader does with it.
- We are not a commercial site: we do not conduct financial transactions through our site, and we never collect financial information, credit card numbers, or social security numbers. If you are asked for such information from TheSpicedLife.com, assume this is a question posed by a malicious third party who has hacked the site and terminate contact immediately.
In order to support the page I do use a few third party ads and affiliate links to vendors, and I do implicitly pick up some information in the course of normal web activities. Information I collect will come in two forms: information that you explicitly provide, and information collected as you navigate through the site.
Identifying Information: you may be asked to provide identifying information (e.g. name or email address) in the course of activities such as registering for the site to leave comments. You should be aware that any information you provide is public information, and may be viewed and collected by other users (even anonymous ones). This information is collected to facilitate your access to our content, but is never required.
Tracking Information: This is information collected by various web services incorporated into my blog, and includes:
- Cookies: Cookies allow us to instruct your browser to store small pieces of information on your computer that relate to to your visit — which both helps enhance your experience at our site and helps us collect information about your visit for purposes of analysis. Any major browser (IE, Chrome, Safari, etc…) can be set to reject cookies, though if you do so the site might not work quite as well for you.
- Click tracking: Almost all websites, The Spiced Life included, collect information about your visit for purpose of analysis. We track things such as IP addresses, browsers, OS, pages explored, etc…, to get a an idea of who is reading the blog and what they are looking at — allowing us to identify what is popular and decide how best to tailor the site to our audience. Except as noted elsewhere in this policy, this information is neither linked to personal information you have provided nor distributed to 3rd parties.
TheSpicedLife is a public website: Any information you explicitly provide (in comments or registration forms, for example) can be viewed and collected by any reader.
Use of information: We are not in the business of selling collected information. (We are not in the business of directly selling anything.) What we will do with information we collect:
- Personal Information: We will not distribute any personal information without your consent, unless it is necessary to do so to comply with the law. We may use your personal information to verify your identity, and may use your contact information to send you information about The Spiced Life.
- Anonymous Information: We use this information in the analysis of our web traffic, but make no attempt to link it to personal, or identifying, information. We may use anonymous IP information for purposes of finding and identifying errors in our site, as well as other administrative and site configuration purposes. Traffic transaction information may be with partnered third parties, but only on an aggregate, anonymous basis.
- Disclosure of personal information: This will not be done for profit. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law, or in a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Spiced Life, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of of our site, or (3) act under circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of this site.
Comments: Please remember that any information disclosed in comments is public information, viewable by anyone who comes to the site. We have no control over what users will do with that information.
Security: We take what actions we reasonably can to protect the site from hackers and other security threats, but we are not professional security experts. We cannot guarantee the safety of such information from malicious third parties.
Sensitive financial information: we are not a commercial site, we do not conduct financial transactions through our site, and we never collect financial information, credit card numbers, or social security numbers. If you are asked for such information from TheSpicedLife.com, assume this is a question posed by a malicious third party who has hacked the site and terminate contact immediately.
Contacting Us: If you have any questions about this policy, contact us at TheSpicedLife, using the google mail domain.