A Butterscotch Pecan Bundt Cake is indulgently draped with a Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Glaze for Bundt Bakers this month. The theme is, you guessed it, Caramel! Affiliate links were used in this post to link to items I am discussing.
This cake had a rocky path on its way to my site–and hopefully your bellies. It broke in half and stuck in the pan. And it stuck in a way that made me think maybe user error… but I am not sure and if so I have no idea what the error was. And guys, it is delicious. Like scrumdeeliocious-delicious (what? you don’t have that word in your house?). But I did not have time to remake it before posting today. So… despite the problems I am sharing the cake. And I really hope you make it, and I really hope if you make it, you come back and let us know how it was!
Just look at that caramelized white chocolate draping down the side of the cake. How could I not share this?
Anyway, the cake and glaze are both adapted from Carole Bloom’s absolutely gorgeous and inspiring Caramel, but Bloom did not actually put caramelized white chocolate onto the cake. She suggested a caramel glaze, but honestly that sounds first of all a little too sweet for me and second of all I have been dying for an excuse to try making caramelized white chocolate. And that part of the recipe, the glaze, came out perfectly, so if nothing else take that away from this post. It is a run don’t walk recipe, that is for sure, as in get this into thy belly pronto! It is amazing, kind of like what might happen if really good, real white chocolate and dulce de leche had a baby. An over the top indulgent baby with just enough salt to keep it interesting. I used her recipe to learn how to make the caramelized white chocolate, and then I turned it into a glaze.
As for the cake itself… first of all, I think this glaze would be fantastic on a lot of bundt cakes, so if you have a tried and true and do not feel like risking a stuck bundt cake, I get it, use that cake instead and glaze it with the white chocolate. Second, as you can see the cake browned, and the half that came out, came out quite nicely. And the bottom pieces came unstuck pretty easily. Which makes me think that really this cake should have come out and for some stupid reason this time it did not. Another option would be to make this cake in either a parchment lined tube pan or parchment lined loaf pans. Whatever the case, I personally have not given up on this cake, and I think it suited the caramelized white chocolate so perfectly that I will make it again some time.
Note regarding greasing your pan: Bloom calls for a nonstick baking spray–because flour was not mentioned I used a nonstick spray, but I do wonder now if the grease/flour combo, like Baker’s Joy, might have been a better choice. Whichever you use, please come back and tell us how it went!
If caramel is your thing, I strongly encourage you to check out all of the delectable caramel bundt cakes below, all made as part of Bundt Bakers!
*These are my 2 favorite white chocolates for baking (both images link to Amazon, where you can buy them if they are not available locally):
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org. All recipes and photographs can be found on our individual blogs, on our Pinterest board, and the #BundtBakers homepage.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cider Caramel Glaze by Cassie of Cassie’s Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Aisha of La Cocina de Aisha
- Brown Butter Praline Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Tux of Brooklyn Homemaker
- Caramel Banana Bundt Cake by Kathya of Basic N Delicious
- Caramel Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Icing by Rebekah of Making Miracles
- Caramel Chocolate Bundt Cake by Natalia of Principiando en la Cocina
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cornmeal Bundt Cake with Caramel Popcorn by Patricia of Patty’s Cake
- English Toffee Bundt with Drunken Dulce Drizzle by Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Fall Classic Caramel Bundt Cake by Maleka of La Luna en Dulce
- Fair Toffee Apple Bundt by Jane of Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Milky Way Bundt Cake by Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Glazed Butterscotch Pecan Bundt Cake by Laura of The Spiced Life
- Snickers Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Bea and Mara of I Love Bundt Cakes
- Spiced Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel Brickle Drizzle by Teri of The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Caramel and Pear Bundt Cake by Rocío of Kids&Chic
- Three Flavor Zebra Bundt Cake – Vanilla, Caramel and Chocolate by Caro of En la Cocina de Caro