I mentioned the other day how much I am loving re-discovering Veronica Mars. Well apparently I am really loving it because it is 10:56 pm on August 1 and this post is due to go live at midnight August 2. Ooops. Guess I totally forgot about it while my brain was lost in Neptune, CA. At the risk of sounding completely insane, I have noticed myself snacking less at night while watching it, as I am too absorbed to remember to get up and get a snack!
OK enough Crazy Laura time.
It’s Bundt A Month time again! The theme this month is peaches, which was extra happy for me because for some reason this summer I have not been going crazy for the seasonal produce. No real reason, I have just been distracted. So it was good to be forced to get out and get some peaches before they are no longer around. And pick up some blueberries while I was there. I actually did not even intend to put the blueberries into the cake, but they were sitting there, so gorgeous, plump and vividly blue, and before I knew it I had folded them into the batter. Much to my children’s disgust–not because they did not love the cake (they did) but rather because they had wanted to eat them plain.
That’s ok, it made a good excuse to head back to the farmer’s market and pick up some more.
Here ís how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
-Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using peach
-Post it before August 31, 2013
-Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Caramel Swirl Bundt)
-Add your entry to the Linky tool below
-Link back to our announcement posts
Looking for inspiration? Hop over and check out these gorgeous cakes –
Balsamic Peach Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
Bellini Bundt Cake with Champagne Glaze by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
Brown Sugar Peach Bundt Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen
Caramelized Peaches and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
Cream Cheese and Peach Bundt Cake by Kathya from Basic N Delicious
Frangipane Peach Bundt by Sandra from The Sweet Sensations
Momotaro Peach Boy Cake by Kim from Ninja Baking
Peaches and Cream Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Peach Bundt with Raspberry Jam Swirl by Holly from A Baker’s House
Peach Bundt Cake with Amaretto Cream Glaze by Roz from La Bella Vita Cucina
Peachy Buttermilk Bundt by Anita from Hungry Couple
Peach Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake by Lora from Cake Duchess
Peach Spice Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
Vinho Verde Pound Cake with Peaches & Blueberries by Laura from The Spiced Life
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup Vinho Verde
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 8 oz) butter, softened
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups (378 g) AP flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 small-medium peaches, cut into small chunks (leave the skin on)
- 1 scant cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- Stir together milk and wine and then let stand 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and lemon zest at medium speed with an electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, in 3 and 2 additions. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition; do not overmix.
- Working quickly but gently, fold the peaches and blueberries into the cake batter.
- Scrape the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; then invert cake onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
*Recipe SEO is giving me fits tonight, so I cannot link to it in the recipe, but if you would like to check out the original Vinho Verde Pound Cake recipe you can find it here.