Twitter Facebook Pinterest GooglePlus Instagram

Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies

by Laura on September 5, 2013

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies rolled in Sprinkles

Before I forget, Happy Rosh Hashanah to anyone celebrating! The Jewish New Year is so early this year!

It’s the beginning of the month! That means The Leftover Club and baked goodies that travel well! This month I was paired with Dan from Platter Talk, a fellow parent whose kids also like to help out in the kitchen and eat the goodies produced there. He sent me some lovely spiced oatmeal cookies with caramel–and they disappeared instantly. Anyway, the fact that he has kids is relevant, because I knew these cookies would blow my kids’ brains and I was hoping they would blow his kids’ minds also. I will be honest, I don’t know if they blew mine. The sad honest truth is that I am not crazy for sprinkles. But, when you have kids, you just gotta embrace sprinkles every now and then (and of course my resistance to them is one of the reasons my kids get so excited by them–so maybe Dan’s sons were more blasé about them). And my kids loved these, as well as my husband. So I think it is just me.

I found these cookies over at one of my favorite blogs, Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. Her cookies are so gorgeous that even I, with my aversion to sprinkles, had to pin them instantly. Now the first time I made these cookies, I tried to shortcut the chilling time. Big mistake, especially in the summer. I would go so far as to suggest chilling overnight, especially if you have little hands helping. Our first batch pretty much spread all over the pan, especially the ones my kids “helped” with. So I made another batch when they were at school (shh! Don’t tell them I did it on purpose!) and chilled the dough thoroughly and rolled the cookie dough balls in the sprinkles quickly. I also baked them a tad longer, waiting for the edges to darken a bit.  And they came out much better. So much better that there might have been grumpiness when Finnegan ate the last 2 cookies before John ever got one (he really liked the batch that spread all over the oven is why I know he liked them).

I did not change anything in the recipe so I am sending you over to Reeni’s site for the recipe.

leftovers-logo1

If you are a blogger and would like to participate in The Leftover Club, please check us out at food ramblings. Be sure to check out everyone else’s awesome recipes for The Leftover Club below. (This Linky  is for members of The Leftovers Club only to display their amazing treats that they sent to another bloggers to sample!):

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies rolled in Sprinkles

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Joanne September 5, 2013 at 6:28 am

Rainbow sprinkle cookies have a lot of nostalgia for me because we used to always get them from the Italian bakery as a kid. I’ve always wanted to make them myself! I’m pretty sure I pinned Reeni’s but I needed this reminder!

Shaina September 5, 2013 at 7:57 am

Sprinkles always make everything look so pretty and festive! They always remind me of ice cream cones on the boardwalk during the summer. :)

Dan from Platter Talk September 5, 2013 at 9:02 am

Laura,
What fun cookies to look at and even better to eat! Thank you for sending them, they disappeared faster than you ever would have imagined was possible!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious September 5, 2013 at 11:07 am

I was going to say what Joanna said – these totally remind me of the cookies we used to get at the Italian bakery. Now I’m totally craving some.

Elizabeth September 5, 2013 at 12:45 pm

We made these for birthday party favors a couple of weeks ago and they were a huge hit! We called them pixie dust cookies in keeping with our theme :-)

Ruthy @ Omeletta September 5, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Not only would I be fanatical about anything with sprinkles on it, but these cookies have cream cheese!! My one true love :) What a perfect Leftovers Club treat.

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings September 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm

YUM- Cream cheese and sprinkles- what a great combination!

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me September 6, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Um I will be sharing these babies ALL OVER THE PLACE. Do you even know how much I love sprinkles? Probably you don’t, but I’m saying – it’s a lot. Gorgeous photos and I really love how the sprinkles are part of the cookies instead of just on top. Happy Leftovers Clubbing!

Dina September 6, 2013 at 3:57 pm

i love sprinkle cookies!

Ashley September 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm

These cookies are adorable!

Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama September 6, 2013 at 9:50 pm

LOVE the sprinkles! :) And cream cheese cookies? Yum!

Katie September 7, 2013 at 11:04 am

Thanks for sharing this recipe, my kids and I LOVED them. The tasted like love (aka: lovely bakery cookies).

Laura September 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Thank you for letting me know! Hooray!

Raymund September 7, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Wow that is colourful, my daughter would love to make one of these

Reeni September 8, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Thank-you for making them! I’m sorry your first ones were a fail! I love that you trusted them enough to try again. Thank goodness they were a hit or I’d feel terrible! They’re gorgeous!

Laura September 8, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Oh it was totally user error the first time anyway! :)