Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect pantry dessert–I made them upon returning home from Italy with what I had around, and they turned out delicious, even if the chocolate is not perfectly shiny. I was provided a copy of Bake Happy in return for an honest review. Affiliate links have been used to link to items that I love and am discussing in this post. Keep reading to hear all about our visit to Siracusa, Sicily!
I have been wracking my brain about the best way to share our trip to Sicily. We did and saw so much–so I finally decided to split it up a bit. We stayed in Ortigia, in Siracusa, in the southeast corner of the island for a 3 day weekend (it was a hard decision picking just one area!). John and his students took the train, while the kids and I drove alone. …
Slice and Bake Peppermint Cookies are amazing in ice cream or gelato–keep reading to check out what all of the Creative Cookie Exchange hosts made this month with ice cream!
Things I learned this past weekend:
- Cacao nibs do not always substitute well for nuts.
- It always pays to read through the entire recipe before starting to bake.
- My new brother in law must really like me/be comfortable with me, since he told me my first attempt at cookies for this post would not make me any friends (I love you too, Jason! Really–that kinda made my day!).
- Slice and bake cookies are always a good fallback cookie.
- Photographing at other people’s homes is tricky, even with your camera and tripod.
- It is really hard to photograph ice cream! Especially when the focus is the cookie garnish in the ice cream.
- Holy cow but slice and bake shortbread type cookies are really delicious in ice cream!
North Indian Baked Eggs are easy, fast and comforting; it is the kind of dish you turn to when you cannot think of what to make for dinner, and then end up thrilled with your meal! I received a copy of Seven Spoons from Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review. Affiliate links have been used to link to items I am discussing.
One of the big surprises–for me–in Italy was how mountainous it was. For whatever reason I just had no idea. Calabria especially was covered in mountains, and Rende, our home base, was down in a valley, so any time we left, we drove in mountains. One day, the girls and I decided to go try to find a castle in a nearby town…
This Spiralized Thai Cucumber Salad is the perfect refreshing accompaniment to any Thai dish, and is especially delicious served with satay or rich curries. Affiliate links have been used to link to items that I am discussing–and that I love or I would not recommend them!
I did it! I got my butt in the kitchen, I cooked some food and took photographs, I joined the hordes and bought and used a spiralizer, and I finally unpacked the last of the boxes that were packed by professional movers way back in Pennsylvania when Sammy was about 8 months old….
I am so sorry guys, I know I keep disappearing. I am having trouble getting into the swing of things at home! Add in a nasty 2 week sinus infection and then a quick road trip to see U2 in Toronto, and my brain is still pretty discombobulated. Also, I have not done much cooking yet, so I have loads of pictures to show you and stories to tell still about Italy, but I do not have many recipes to share with them, which bugs me….